Tuesday 8 May 2012

Marc Jacobs at the Met Gala

Marc Jacobs has long been known for his creativity and genius, and is one of the most respected figures in the fashion industry. He is also known to be a fan of not necessarily cross-dressing, but wearing women's inspired clothes, such as skirts and dresses, like this dress from Comme Des Garçon Mens Spring/Summer 2012. 

(He wore the exact same one in Black at the Louis Vuitton show for Paris Fashion Week)

Last night was the annual Costume Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City and Twitter was ablaze with reports of who was wearing what and wanna-be fashion journalists and critics giving their opinions, 

and Marc shows up like this:


Personally I like the Comme des Garçon one better.

This outfit. ...
Well, I think it is boring, it makes me feel nothing even when I first saw the picture, I wasn't shocked. 
The general styling is very bad and is in bad taste.
It was cool when he wore the Comme des Garçon one, now is just an over kill.
It makes me think that he is trying too hard to be different and out there. 

The outfit could have looked better if he had just worn a pair of black underwear instead of those awful white ones or just a pair of tailored, slim fit pants under the dress. 

The shoes, whilst a lot of people don't like them, I don't generally mind them but, I do mind that he has been photographed in them twice before and it is time for a change now. 

I think the lace shirt will be a cool trend though, the dress thing well maybe, maybe not. 
I have been thinking of having my tailor make me a lace shirt one and a pair of high wasted black pants, just not have it as sheer as this one that Marc Jacobs is wearing.

We'll see.
:)

**(For an update on why he wore this outfit, click here)**

No comments:

Post a Comment